Thursday, August 13, 2020

Chicken Alfredo Recipe with Sauce from Scratch!

 

Chicken Alfredo

One of my favorite pasta dishes is chicken fettuccine alfredo. I tend to be a creature of habit and if I go to Olive Garden this will most likely be my order! With the pandemic going on, I have been doing a lot more cooking from home, not only for safety but also because it’s cheaper and usually healthier. For some reason, I was afraid to tackle my favorite dish until now and I’m so glad I did! This was my 2nd attempt with my first attempt using the Prego Alfredo sauce. I was somewhat underwhelmed and thought this just wouldn’t be a dish that I would make at home, but then I came across this wonderful alfredo sauce recipe and life changed! I honestly think I like my homemade version BETTER than Olive Garden! 😮This does not mean I will not be ordering up my favorite dish from OG anymore, just that I have an alternative option. I want to note the recipe is only for the alfredo sauce, but all you have to do is add the chicken and make noodles. Check out my YouTube video where I show my suggestions for what to add and a peek at my sauce in the making.


Recipe

For the alfredo sauce

1/2 cup butter
1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Additional ingredients needed:

Chicken (1-2 chicken breasts) or use a precooked chicken breast or grilled strips like the ones mentioned in my video

Fettuccine or linguine noodles

Instructions

1. Add butter, whipping cream, and cream cheese to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
2. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add grated Parmesan cheese.
3. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Toss with your favorite pasta!

*This usually makes 3-4 servings depending on your portion size.*

** I usually cook my noodles as I make the sauce so they finish up about the same time.**


No comments:

Post a Comment