Friday, July 3, 2020

Easy Homemade Strawberry Jam - 4 ingredient recipe! No pectin required!


Hi everyone! As I continue to enjoy my time social distancing (I'm an introvert and only child so this is heaven for me) I've been experimenting with some new recipes in the kitchen. I came across this easy, 4 ingredient recipe for making homemade strawberry jam in one of my Facebook gardening groups and decided to give it a try! This recipe will make about 1 pint of jam and should be good for at least 2 weeks. Can be stored in the refrigerator. No pectin required.

Ingredients:

  • about 4 cups of sliced strawberries
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
Cookware:

  • 1 large pot
  • potato masher (or something similar to mash strawberries when finished cooking)
  • spoon
  • jars/containers for storage (I used Ball glass canning jars)
Cooking instructions:

1. Slice strawberries in halves.
2. Combine strawberries with honey, lemon juice and sugar in large pot.
3. Cook on a low heat setting for one hour stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and mash strawberries with potato masher.
5. Pour into storage jars.
 
                     Watch the video below to see how I prepared my jam! 






No comments:

Post a Comment