Friday, June 29, 2018

MAC Aaliyah lipglass product review

One of my favorite female R&B style icons was the singer Aaliyah. I loved her mix of tomboy/feminine style and like many other fans attempted to replicate it in some way. I'm super excited that MAC has finally created a limited edition collection that represents Aaliyah and her music. The MAC Aaliyah collection is a 12 piece set that consists of 4 lipglass colors, 4 lipsticks, 2 lip liner pencils, a 9 color mini eyeshadow set and 1 bronzer powder compact. The pieces can be purchased individually or you can purchase the entire set (which includes some extra goodies such as a bandana, collector's case and poster) for $250. 




Being the lipgloss lover that I am, I purchased 2 of the lipglass colors from the collection. The lipglasses were $17.50 each so with tax, I spent a total of $37 for the lipglasses. I made the purchase in store and as a bonus, also received the limited edition poster and a free 30 minute session with a MAC makeup artist (that I have yet to schedule!). I chose the colors 1 in a Million and At Your Best You Are.... which are both named for 2 of her popular songs. 1 in a Million is a deep purple color and At Your Best You Are... is a berry red color. These colors would be great for now and even better in fall when darker colors tend to be trending. 



My thoughts: It has been a while since I purchased any MAC lip products ( I tend to only shop special editions such as this) but they have changed (and improved!) their lipglass formula. Their previous lipglass formula seemed to allow lipglasses to only serve as toppers and not so much as stand alone lip colors. The colors were very transparent and barely visible when wearing them alone. It is now more opaque and can be worn by itself or as a topper with a lipstick. I chose to wear mine alone and it looked great! The lipglass offered color and high shine. The lipglass is not very sticky feeling and it kept my lips feeling moisturized. The only negative is that it pretty much comes off when you eat a meal. Overall, I'm in love with these colors and may need to stock up before the collection sells out! **Remember that special editions like this one are only available for a limited time!**

Wearing At Your Best You Are.. lipglass



Price: MAC Aaliyah line ranges from $17.50-32.00, the lipglasses I reviewed are $17.50 each

Where to buy: MAC website, MAC stores, stores MAC cosmetics are sold (i.e. Macy's)



Want to see more reviews on things I love? Take a look at the Buys and Tries section of my page!

No comments:

Post a Comment