Monday, July 22, 2019

MAC Aladdin Lipstick review



Hello all!

With the revamp of some of the classic Disney movies, special edition collections are popping up everywhere! MAC and Disney collaborated for the MAC Aladdin collection. Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies and the remake with human characters was also amazing! I actually wore one of my lipsticks from the MAC collection to see the movie.


                                         


My Thoughts:
The collection was not huge but did include a 9 color eyeshadow palette, 4 lipstick shades, 3 lipglass shades, 2 powder blush shades, a crystal glaze gloss, and a copper-rose colored contour powder. I am a little sad that there were no specific lip liner pencils with this set but that can be resolved by just buying a pencil from the regular MAC collection. The design for the packaging of the collection was beautiful and very detailed. It matched the Aladdin theme well with lots of gold and detailed oriented designs on each of the product containers and boxes true to the spirit of Agrabah.

After looking at the eyeshadow palette I decided to pass because I did not think the colors were some I would gravitate towards enough to purchase it. The shimmery purple and pink colors in the palette were my favorites but I have similar colors in other palettes. I will say if you are someone who likes to go more for a smokey eye or neutral with a touch of color, you will probably like the palette. As I’ve mentioned in other reviews, I am not someone who does a full face of makeup on a regular basis ( I just stick to eyes and lips) so I did not bother to purchase any of the powders or blushes. However, the more I look at the copper-rose pigment powder, the more I consider buying it. Maybe when the collection goes into the Goodbyes section on MAC, I’ll purchase it. 😀

Anywho, on to the items I did purchase! Given my complexion, I went with the lipsticks “ A Whole New World” and “Rajah” and the lipglass “Jewels on Jewels”. If you are a MAC fan, then you know that “ A Whole New World” is pretty much sold out everywhere and only available through third party sellers who are trying to charge double or more the original price. Luckily for me I’m a MAC lover member and placed my order as soon as the collection released.

Pros: “A Whole New World” is a vibrant cool fuchsia color with a satin finish. It feels super moisturizing and would look great on almost any complexion! The lipstick goes on smooth and keeps my lips moisturized. I get complimented on the color each time I wear it. It has a great pigment and will stay on through regular wear.

The lipstick “Rajah” is a muted berry red. It also goes on smooth and is very moisturizing on my lips. I love that it has a reddish-brown color which makes it perfect for an everyday look. I top it with the lipglass “Jewels on Jewels” which is a sparkly rose/gold mixed color. “Rajah” looks good by itself as well. It’s also a color that will compliment a wide variety of complexions. Both “Rajah” and “Jewels on Jewels” are still available either on MAC’s website or at other retailers that carry MAC products.

Cons: The fact that these are lipsticks means they will not withstand eating and drinking. You will need to reapply after a meal, but they are such beautiful shades, you won’t mind. They are also transferable, but not more than any other regular lipstick. Also, the fact that MAC is completely sold out of “A Whole New World” online and in stores as well as stores that sell MAC (Macy’s, Ulta, Belk, etc) is a con because you will have a hard time finding it and you will also pay double or more of the original price when you do!

Lips: Rajah topped with Jewels on Jewels
Eye Color: Tiffany from It'sMyRayeRaye Palette (the 1st one) by BH Cosmetics


Price: Lipsticks $20, Lipglass $19

Where to buy: MAC stores, MAC website, MAC retailers ( Belk, Macy’s, Ulta, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment