Saturday, August 4, 2018

Always Pure and Clean Feminine Pads - Product Review




Always Pure & Clean Pads (26 ct) regular w/ wings


I have been using the Always brand of feminine pads since the beginning of my visits from “Aunt Dot”. They are a brand I trust and still what I consider to be my favorite, most comfortable and most reliable of brands I’ve tried. Normally, I use the Always Ultra thin with wings as my go-to pads. I’ve also used U by Kotex (the regular and fitness versions) as my backups (they tend to have better sales and coupons). While U by Kotex gets the job done, they still don’t give me the confidence and comfort that my Always brand does.

I’ve seen a recent trend in natural/organic feminine products that contain little to no chemicals, dyes, perfumes, etc. It seems as more information is coming about in regards to the potential harm or long term effects of using products with certain chemicals or other ingredients has people focused on finding more natural alternatives to everyday products. I’m all about reducing foreign and harmful substances from my body and environment, but I also want to make sure the alternative is just as effective. The reviews for some natural/organic pads (like the Cora brand) were not super comforting as many reviewers stated the pads did not stay in place which resulted in leakage in some cases. As a high school teacher, I definitely can’t use a product that puts me at risk for leakage or other inconveniences so I held off on giving that natural brand a try. Recently, I came across an ad for the Always Pure and Clean Feminine Pads and decided I would give them a try when I found them in a store. As luck would have it, my favorite store, Target, happen to have these in stock with a 40% off Cartwheel!!! I figured this was as good a time to try them as any. The Pure and Clean pads (26 ct) retailed for 6.99 but with the Cartwheel they ended up being 4.19, which is about the average cost for that sized pack.

My thoughts: These pads felt and protected just like the regular Always Ultra thin that I usually wear! I could not tell any difference (other than not having the “fresh” scent that is usually with the active versions) in the pads. They were just as thin, had wings, stayed in place and protected like its original counterpart. I also loved the packaging which is a white wrapper with blue designs. I felt it matched the "pure and clean" name. I will definitely be purchasing these in the future! The only negative is the cost. From what I’ve seen, the Pure and Clean versions retail about $1-$2 higher than the regular versions. As always, natural and organic items cost a little more. My hope is since it is a new item, there will be lots of coupons and specials in order to promote the product. My advice would be to stock up during this time to keep your cost down.

Price: 6.99 per box at Target

Where to buy: Target, (right now they are listed as being offered at select retailers), Walmart.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi Very Nice Blog I Have Read Your Post It Is Very Informative And Useful Thanks For Posting And Sharing With Us And Your Writing Style Is Very Nice.Our certified Organic Padspanty liners, and tampons are naturally absorbent, safe, comfortable and hypoallergenic to provide comfort and protection you can trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It's sad there is not as much of an emphasis on safe feminine hygiene products as for other categories of beauty and skincare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! best feminine wash for odor

    ReplyDelete
  4. feminine care wash I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete